Frisco Bay Marina is a certified clean marina located on the shores of scenic Dillon Reservoir in the heart of Summit County, Colorado. Frisco Bay Marina sits on the eastern end of Frisco’s charming Main Street and brings lake life to this quintessential mountain town with boat and paddle sport rentals, a sandy beach and waterside dining.
- The Reservoir spans 3,300 acres and boasts 27 miles of shoreline surrounded by majestic peaks.
- At 9,017 ft. in elevation, the boating season is weather dependent, but typically runs from early June to early or mid September.
- Dillon Reservoir is also a world class destination for sailing and regattas are regularly held on the reservoir.
Fall Season Schedule Changes & Marina Operating Hours
- The Marina office is currently open from 9:00am – 5:00pm, 7 days a week.
- Sunday, October 11, 2020- Last day for rentals
- Through Monday, October 19, 2020– Boat ramp open from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Starting Monday, October 19, 2020– The Marina office will be open from 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday only.
- Starting, Tuesday, October 20, 2020- The Marina boat ramp and restrooms will be closed.
How the Marina is Protecting Your Health During COVID-19
- Rentals are currently only available for walk-ups or phone reservations on the day of, weather permitting and based on availability. Rentals will be available through, Sunday, October 11, 2020.
- Only one person from each party will be allowed into the Marina office at a time, and they must wear a face covering per Summit Public Health Orders.
- Everyone must maintain at least six feet of distance from folks not in their party inside and outside. If you are not able to maintain six feet of distance outside, then you must wear a face covering.
- Physical distancing guidelines must be followed on the beach and playground as well; folks should stay at least six feet from folks not in their party. If it is too crowded to do that, then guests are urged to move on to another activity and return when they can protect their health through safe physical distancing
- Guests and employees are asked to stay home if they are sick. All guests will be asked if they are experiencing any symptoms, and hand sanitizer will be made available to all guests.
- All power boat group size maximums, which are currently 10 people maximum, will follow group size regulations in accordance with County and State Public Health Orders.
- Power boats and all paddle sport equipment will be thoroughly wiped down between each rental by Marina staff with disinfecting cleaner.
- All used personal flotation devises (PFDs) will be disinfected between each rental.
- There will be staggered rental start times between each group to allow minimal group interactions in the Marina office and on the docks.
- Boat ramp users must remain in their vehicles with their windows up throughout the boat inspection process, or wear face coverings and maintain a distance of six (6) feet from others if they need to exit their vehicle.
Frisco Bay Marina is a full service marina offering:
- Paddle sport and power boat rentals-Closed for Winter
- Island Grill is open for take-out and dine in service.-Closed for Winter
- Sailboat lessons, rentals, tours and pedal boat rentals – currently not available
- Guided tours and lessons for kayaking and stand up paddle boards-Closed for Winter
- A rowing club- Frisco Rowing Center, a member of US Rowing
- The Summit Shuttle operates a water taxi between Frisco and Dillon-Closed for Winter
- Marina Park with kids playground- perfect for picnics!
- Slips, moorings, racks, and dry storage options – currently all storage options are on a wait list
- A full retail store including canoe, kayak, and stand up paddle board sales
- Fiberglass and boat repair
- Sail repair
- Rentals are currently available on day of only by calling 970-668-4334 or by visiting the Frisco Bay Marina office.
- Rentals are weather permitting and based on availability.
- The last day for 2020 season rentals is Sunday, October 11, 2020.
Marina Office and Retail Store (Facial covering must be worn inside all buildings)
The Marina Office and Store carries:
- Necky Kayak, Old Town Canoe, Aqua Glide, Hala Boards, and Ocean Kayak boat lines.
- Sawyer and Carlisle paddles for kayaks, canoes, and SUP’s
- Full range of life jackets for adults, kids, and even dogs
- Various sizes of dry bags for phones or large enough to fit spare clothing for your adventures
- Refreshments, ice, and snacks
- “Old Guys Rule” t-shirts, as well as many custom designs to the Frisco Bay Marina.
- Souvenirs to help you remember your adventure at the marina
- A wide selection of fishing equipment and rental poles to use.
- Parts for sailboats, pontoons, or fishing boats
Boat Launch Ramp
The Boat Launch Ramp is now open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. All times are weather dependent. The boat ramp will remain open through Monday, October 19, 2020 and will be closed thereafter.
The ramp is operable for most powerboats at a water elevation of 9,004 feet. To help calculate your water needs for launching a boat: the new ramp is dry at a lake elevation of 9,001, and the lake is full at 9,017 feet. Add at least 2 feet to the dry elevation to account for your trailer and tire height with your boat draft and that is the reservoir elevation that is the minimum for your boat. The current reservoir elevation can be found on the Denver Water website. Learn more about the boat launch ramp and getting your boat in and out of the water.