Skip to Main Content
Maps of the Reservoir
- The Dillon Reservoir is owned and operated by Denver Water, and is their largest water storage facility.
- The Reservoir has a capacity of 257,304 acre ft. (1 acre ft. = 325,851 gal.), and the Dam has a storage capacity of 254, 036 acre ft.
- Construction of the Dam began in 1961 and was completed in 1963.
- The entire town of Dillon, Colorado, and a hydroelectric plant were relocated to build the dam.
- Proceeds from recreation stay in Summit County for the management of recreational activities on the reservoir.
- The current reservoir water level/elevation may be found on the Denver Water website in the third table titled “West Slope”.
- Learn more about the Reservoir from Denver Water.