Are you looking for a new challenge this summer? Register for the 10th Annual Frisco Triathlon on Friday, July 12, 2024 featuring stand-up-paddle boarding, mountain biking, and trail running. This twist on a triathlon is open to all ability levels and encourages athletes to take on a new multi-sport event. The Frisco Triathlon was named “Best Triathlon” in Elevation Outdoors Magazine’s reader poll, 2016 Best of the Rockies.
The Frisco Triathlon is being held on a Friday; with the volume of people we see at the Frisco Bay Marina on the weekends, we believe that we can provide the best racer experience, as well as provide a safe environment for other Marina guests by holding the race on a Friday.
Friday, July 12, 2024
Frisco Bay Marina
267 Marina Road
Frisco, CO 80443
The 2024 Frisco Triathlon is SOLD OUT! Add your name to the waitlist below.
2024 Registration Fees
- Individual Adult Registration – $90
- Team Adult Registration – $270
- Youth 17 and under will receive a $10 discount on the race fees listed above.
- No day-of registration will be available for the Frisco Triathlon.
In order to receive a full refund, racers must email the race director by June 3, 2024. No refunds will be issued after this time.
Schedule of Events
Schedule subject to change due to public health guidelines.
|6:30am – 7:45am
|Bib pick-up on the lawn at the Frisco Bay Marina for pre-registered athletes
|Transition area closed for all athletes
|Mandatory pre-race briefing on shore
|Wave 1 starts; waves will continue to be released every 5 minutes.
|Post-race party for all athletes on the lawn of the Frisco Bay Marina
|Awards presentation on the lawn at the Frisco Bay Marina
|Course closes; anyone not across the finish line by this time will not receive a finish time
|Transition area and SUP storage area closed
Racers will start the SUP leg (3k) of the event at the Frisco Bay Marina at 8:30am and make their way across Dillon Reservoir to the Pine Cove Campground where they will transition into the mountain bike leg (11.2k) of the race. The mountain bike portion of the race will consist of inland single track trails and the trail running leg (5k) will consist of the Frisco Peninsula trail offering amazing views of the Dillon Reservoir and the Ten Mile Range and will also guide racers through some of the inland trails as well.
- Paddle: Start at the Frisco Bay Marina > go around buoy > finish at Pine Cove boat ramp.
- Bike: start at Transition Area > Olympians Link > Crown Point Road > Crossover > Buzzsaw East > Eureka Patch > Perimeter Trail > Buzzsaw > Buzz Saw West > Excelsior > (aid station) > Crown Point Road > Connector > Treasure Vault > Crown Point Road > Recreation Path > Jody’s West > Ballfonz Blitz > (cross Campground Road) > Peak One Trail > Campground Road > Transition Area
We recommend that you have intermediate mountain biking skills to compete in this event. A mountain bike is required to race.
- Run: start at Transition Area > Perimeter Trail > Perimeter Connector Trail > Crown Point Road > Reichels Retreat > Jody’s East > Treasure Vault > Switchback Trail > Campground Road > Transition Area
If you are planning pre-ride/run the course, it is highly recommend you print out the course map, course description listed above, and this map of all of the trails on the Frisco Peninsula. The course can be tricky to find on your own as some of the trails are unmarked or have confusing intersections. Please know that the course will be marked extremely well for the race.
Also, if you do pre-ride/run the course, we recommend you park at either the Frisco Adventure Park or in the Two Below Zero parking lot that is located just after you turn from Recreation Way onto the Campground Road. This is a mulch lot and is labeled “Two Below Zero Parking”. If you choose to park at the actual transition area, you will have to pay a $8 USFS fee per vehicle.
Racers can pick up their bibs Thursday, July 11, 2024 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm or on Friday, July 12, 2024 from 6:30am – 7:15am at the Frisco Bay Marina, located at 267 Marina Road, Frisco.
All racers will a commemorative Frisco Triathlon item with their race registration as well as a finisher gift.
All racers must provide their own equipment for each leg of the event which includes stand-up-paddle board (SUP) and paddle, personal flotation device (PFD), mountain bike, helmet, and running shoes. If you don’t own a SUP you can rent one locally from the Frisco Bay Marina, Kodi Rafting, or Podium Sports. Please plan ahead and come prepared with your SUP rental lined up before the event.
Racers will be responsible for dropping off their mountain bikes and running gear at the Pine Cove Campground at the Frisco Peninsula prior to the start of the race. Gear will be monitored by Town of Frisco staff and volunteers while racers are on course.
Professional timing services will be provided by Maverick Sports. Race will be chip-timed.
The cut-off time for both individual and team participants is 12:30pm. Any racer not through the finish line by this time will not receive an official time.
The Triathlon will take place on Town of Frisco/US Forest Service trails, all of which are open to the public. Please leave strollers and pets at home for this race and be respectful of other users.
Running with Music
If you choose to wear headphones during the race, we ask that you remove one ear bud. It is important that all racers can hear what is going on around them. Racers must be respectful of other recreation path and trail users.
The race director and event staff will not be held accountable for any racers that fail to drop off their gear at the transition area by 7:45am. It is the racers’ responsibility to plan their time accordingly.
You are running this race at your own risk. You will encounter mountain terrain. You could encounter hazardous weather or wildlife during this race. The race director reserves the right to cancel, delay or postpone the race due to inclement weather. Refunds are not available.
Categories for awards:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall male, female, and team finishers.
- 1st place male/female in the following age categories: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 plus.
- We will also have a prize giveaway following the awards, open to all registered racers.
Post Race Party
We plan to have a post-race party; with a free meal from the Island Grill at the Frisco Bay Marina and a free beer from New Belgium!
Camping is available near the transition area on the Frisco Peninsula:
Past Race Results
- 2023 Frisco Triathlon Race Results
- 2022 Frisco Triathlon Race Results
- 2021 Frisco Triathlon Race Results
- 2019 Frisco Tri Individual Age Category Results
- 2019 Frisco Tri Individual & Team Overall Results
- 2018 Frisco Triathlon Overall Results
- 2018 Category Breakdown Results
- 2017 Race Results
- 2016 Race Results
For more information on this event, please email the Recreation Programs Manager or call or 970-668-8020.