About Zeke’s Shredders
Zeke loved FUN. Zeke was FUN! Growing up in Summit County Jon “Zeke” Zdechlik always found ways to play outdoors supported by an amazing mountain community. Sledding, skiing, Nordic, and ski jumping were all a part of his days. He even learned to snowboard as an adult, admitting he could have used a pillow to cushion all his falls. Zeke loved Summit County and kids and envisioned a program for them to enjoy snow sports and be mentored by adults. Zeke’s Shredders is a great opportunity for school-age kids to enjoy the mountains and thrive in a healthy community. Go Shredders!
The Town of Frisco in collaboration with Team Summit is proud to present a new flagship program, Zeke’s Shredders! This downhill ski and snowboard program will be after-school for kids aged 5-12. This is a skill building program and is not a learn to ski or snowboard program. All participants must be able to independently ski or snowboard and stop on their skis or snowboard. Team Summit will provide coaches for your child to learn new skills and enhance old ones. Your child must wear a helmet and they must have their own ski/snowboard equipment; we will not be providing rentals.
All participants must bring the following to the program:
- Snow clothes: snow pants, warm jacket, hat, gloves, and warm socks
- Snack and water bottle
- Ski/snowboard boots
- Poles are optional
Frisco Adventure Park
621 Recreation Way
Frisco, CO 80443
Youth Camps & Programs
Transportation will be provided from Frisco Elementary; Town of Frisco staff will drive a 15-passenger van to drive the Frisco Adventure Park.
2023 After School Downhill Skiing Program Dates
The program will meet on Mondays and Thursdays from 4:15pm -5:30pm at the Frisco Adventure Park. This is a progressive program and skills will be built from week to week.
- Session I: Mondays & Thursdays, March 13-April 6, 2023
$135 per session
*No equipment will be provided. Your child is responsible for coming prepared with their own ski or snowboard equipment, including helmets.
How to Register
- Registration for Zeke’s Shredders is available online only.
- Online registration for the 2023 Zeke’s Shredders program opened on February 1, 2023. Please visit the registration website to add to the waitlist.
- We strongly encourage you to visit the registration website (prior to registration opening) to ensure you remember your password or to create a new account. If you need help creating a new account, please view our “How to Create a New Account” instructions. If you need help with the registration process, please view our “How to Register” instructions.
Cancelation 14 or more days prior to the start date of the program will receive a full refund for session participants. Cancelation less than 14 days prior to the start date of the program will not receive a refund. Please email FriscoCamps@townoffrisco.com to make a cancelation.
This program will be 100% outside. If temperatures drop below 10° F, we will cancel Zeke’s Shredders for the day. Please be sure to dress your child appropriately for all winter weather conditions. We will communicate via e-mail for any weather-related cancelations.
ePACT Network & Requirements
Again this year, we will be utilizing ePACT Network for better safety practices and to reduce our carbon footprint!
- To save you time – With ePACT, you only need to complete your child’s information once, and then verify that it is still correct for additional programs or subsequent years (which can be done in just two minutes)!
- Improved privacy and security – Eliminating paper forms ensures that your key information is safe and secure, while authorized staff members can still access this information any time they need it.
- Better support – ePACT makes it easy for you to share comprehensive health and emergency contact details, so we can provide the best support to your child. Plus, you can update this anytime and we will automatically receive those new details.
How It Works
- You’ll receive an email invite to share information with the Town of Frisco
- Click ‘Complete Request’ to create a free account, or log-in if you already have an existing ePACT account.
- Enter the required information, like medical conditions, and share it with the Town of Frisco so that program staff have access.
ePACT makes it far easier for you to share emergency information with us, while also ensuring we have access to records anytime, anywhere with the mobile app – even without an internet connection. Rest assured that you always own your account and the information in it. Plus, ePACT maintains the same levels of security as online banking, and limits access only to the administrators we assign for enhanced privacy. Learn more about ePACT, including Privacy & Security.
Have questions or feedback? Please contact email@example.com.