Run the Rockies Road Race
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Join us for the 44th year of this classic early season road race on Summit County’s paved recreation paths. This course takes you down the beautiful 10 Mile Canyon
Racers must take shuttle bus to the start of the race; there is no racer parking available at the start. The shuttle bus will pick racers at Frisco Town Hall located at 1 West Main Street in Frisco; the bus will run from 6:30am-8:00am. The last shuttle bus will leave Frisco at 8:00am.
Register now for the 44th annual Run the Rockies Road 10k or half marathon! Race registration includes: a Craft brand tech tee, well marked course, fully stocked aid stations, transportation to the race start, post-race food and drinks and a finisher gift.
2020 Race Entry Fees
- Early Bird Adult Registration (January 8, 2020- February 1, 2020) $52
- Adult Registration (February 2, 2020-May 1, 2020) $63
- Adult Late Registration (May 2, 2020-June 5, 2020 at noon) $73
- Day of Registration (June 6, 2020) $84
- Early Bird Adult Registration (January 8, 2020- February 1, 2020) $37
- Adult Registration (February 2, 2020-May 1, 2020) $42
- Adult Late Registration (May 2, 2019-May 31, at noon, 2019) $47
- Day of Registration (June 1, 2019) $58
Please note that youth 17 & under will receive a $10 discount on the race fees listed above.
In order to receive a full refund, racers must email the race director by May 8, 2020. No refunds will be issued after this time.
Half Marathon and 10k road race packet/bib pick-up will take place from 5pm-7pm on Friday, May 31 at Epic Mountain Gear, 223 Lusher Court, Frisco. Day of packet/bib pick up will also be available from 6:30am-8:00am at Frisco Town Hall. If you are having a friend pick up your bib for you, please print out the event waiver, sign it and have your friend turn it in. No signed waiver = no bib.
10k will start at 8:30am. Half Marathon will start at 8:00am.
- Please note that the 2019 course will be a new one due to the avalanches in Ten Mile Canyon and the resulting debris and possible trail damage.
- Actual course distances for the 2019 races are 6.6 miles for the 10k and 13.7 miles for the half marathon.
- The new course map is available here.
- We will still offer amazing 10k and half marathon courses on the Summit County Recreation Path with incredible views and fun terrain, which will be relatively flat.
- You are guaranteed to see some new sights along the way in 2019!
- 10k route: start at Gold Hill Trailhead>follow Summit County Recreation Path towards Frisco>veer left at the ‘Y’ and run through the tunnel>continue on path until you reach the finish line on Frisco Main Street, at the Frisco Historic Park. The distance of the 2019 course is 6.6 miles.
- Half Marathon route: start at Gold Hill Trailhead>follow Summit County Recreation Path towards Frisco>veer right at the ‘Y’ and run towards the Frisco Adventure Park>continue on the recreation path through the Water Dance neighborhood, Frisco Bay Marina and Summit Middle School> turn around at aid station #3, located at mile 7.2/Lakepoint Circle>continue back towards Summit Middle School, the Frisco Bay Marina and the Water Dance neighborhood>continue on the recreation path past the Frisco Adventure Park>take a hard right when you reach the ‘Y’ and run through the tunnel>continue on path until you reach the finish line on Frisco Main Street, at the Frisco Historic Park. The distance of the 2019 course is 13.7 miles.
Professional timing services will be provided by Maverick Sports. Races will be chip-timed. Races will have a ‘gun start’ and a ‘chip finish.’ What does this mean for you? The half marathon racers will all start at 8:00am when the race director says ‘ready, set, go!’ Your chip finish time will be taken as you cross under the trellis at the finish line. The 10k racers will all start at 8:30am when the race director says ‘ready, set, go!’ Your chip finish time will be taken as you cross under the trellis at the finish line. Chips will be attached to each race bib and do not need to be collected at the finish line.
Cut Off Time
The cut off time for both the 10k and the half marathon is 12:00pm. Any racer not through the finish line by this time will not receive an official time. Anyone who would like to walk the race is highly encouraged to register for the 10k.
There will be five aid stations located along the half marathon course, located at approximately miles 1.6, 4.5, 7.2, 10 and 12. There will be two aid stations located along the 10k course, located at approximately miles 1.6 and 4.8. Aid stations will be stocked with: water, pretzels, m&m’s and more. Girls on the Run volunteers will staff the stations.
A portion of the race proceeds will benefit Girls on the Run of Western Colorado. Girls on the Run inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident, using a fun, experience-based curriculum, which creatively integrates running.
All racers will receive a finisher gift as they cross the finish line.
Overall: The top 3 male/female runners in each race will receive a prize (overall winners are not eligible for age category prizes)
Age Category Winners: A prize will be given to the first place winner in each of the following age categories: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 and 80+
Race results will be posted on this web page by 5:00pm on the day of the race.
Race Day Transportation
All half marathon and 10k road runners MUST take the shuttle buses to the start of the race. There is no parking for runners at the Gold Hill trailhead.
Buses will leave Frisco Town Hall located at 1 West Main Street starting at 6:45am. The last bus will leave at 8:00am. Half Marathon runners are advised to load a shuttle bus by 7:30am. There is NO transportation from the finish back to the start at the conclusion of the race.
Racers may drop a bag near the start line; a vehicle will be parked near the start and will take all items to the Frisco Historic Park lawn. The Town of Frisco and race crew are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. All unclaimed items will be taken to the race director’s office. Racers must supply their own bag.
Post Race Party
The post race party will take place on the lawn of the Frisco Historic Park, located at the finish line. All racers will be asked to present their bib for a post-race meal. Meal includes pizza from Peppino’s and everyone 21+ will receive a beer from Highside Brewing. We will have prizes to giveaway at the post race party as well.
Rec Path/Trail Courtesy
The races will take place on the Summit County Recreation Path or Summit County/USFS or DRReC trails; all of which are open to the public. Please leave strollers and pets at home for this race and be respectful of other users. Please do not run more than two people wide during the race.
Anyone who would like to walk the race is highly encouraged to register for the 10k. Walkers are welcome to participant in the half marathon however, please note the 12:00pm cut off time listed above.
Running with Music
If you choose to wear headphones during the race, we ask that you remove one ear bud. It is important that all racers can hear what is going on around them. Racers must be respectful of other recreation path and trail users.
The race director and event staff will not be held accountable for any racers that ‘miss’ the bus to the start of the race. It is the racers responsibility to plan their time accordingly.
You are running this race at your own risk. You will encounter mountain terrain. You could encounter hazardous weather or wildlife during this race. The race director reserves the right to cancel, delay or postpone the race due to inclement weather. There are no refunds available after May 1, 2020.
For more information on this event, please contact Linsey Joyce, Recreation Programs Manager, or call the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge at 970-668-2558.