The Run the Rockies Trail 10k and Half Marathon will lead runners through the Frisco Peninsula trails with breathtaking views of Lake Dillon and the Ten Mile Range. This is a great course for a first time half-marathoner or runner looking for a fun course that offers single track and dirt road trails. Racers will start and finish at the Frisco Day Lodge.
Registration for the 2021 Run the Rockies 10k and Half Marathon is sold out.
All registered racers will receive finisher glass and racers have a choice to register and pay for a t-shirt or not.
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Frisco Nordic Center
616 Recreation Way
2021 Registration Fees
- Adult (18+) registration with t-shirt – $45
- Adult (18+) registration without t-shirt – $30
- Youth (under 18) registration with t-shirt – $35
- Youth (under 18) registration without t-shirt– $20
- Adult (18+) registration with t-shirt – $65
- Adult (18+) registration without t-shirt – $50
- Youth (under 18) registration with t-shirt – $55
- Youth (under 18) registration without t-shirt – $40
In order to receive a full refund, racers must email the race director by July 12, 2021. No refunds will be issued after this time.
Like last year, racers will start in waves based on distances and expected finish times.
- 8:00am – First Half Marathon wave starts – 2021 Half Marathon Wave Assignments
- 8:30am – First 10k wave starts – 2021 10k Wave Assignments
Early bib pickup will be at the Frisco Nordic Center Parking Lot at 616 Recreation Way, on August 13, 2021 from 5:00pm-7:00pm. Bib pick-up will also take place from 6:30am – 8:15am on the day of the race at the Frisco Day Lodge.
All participants must complete an event waiver or they will not receive their bib.
- 2021 Run the Rockies Trail 10k Map
- 2021 Run the Rockies Trail Half Marathon Map *Please note that this course is actually 13.2 miles long
Professional timing services will be provided by Maverick Sports. Races will be chip-timed.
The cut off time for both the 10k and the half marathon is 11:30am. Any racer not through the finish line by this time will not receive an official time. Anyone who would like to walk the race is highly encouraged to register for the 10k.
There will be aid stations on course. Exact location will be posted once the race course is finalized.
Racers will be asked to carry their own hydration system; there will be limited water on the race course and aid station food will be pre-packaged or prefilled in single use cups by aid station staff and volunteers.
Hand sanitizer will be available for racers to use at each aid station.
The races will take place on Town of Frisco/US Forest Service trails, all of which are open to the public. Please leave strollers and pets at home for this race and be respectful of other users.
Anyone who would like to walk the race is highly encouraged to register for the 10k. Walkers are welcome to participate in the half marathon however, please note the 11:30am cut-off time listed above.
You are running this race at your own risk. You will encounter mountainous terrain. You could encounter hazardous weather or wildlife during this race.. The race director reserves the right to cancel, delay or postpone the race due to inclement weather. Refunds are not available.
Running with Music
If you choose to wear headphones during the race, we ask that you remove one ear bud. It is important that all racers can hear what is going on around them. Racers must be respectful of other trail users.
Overall: The top three male/female runners in each race will receive a prize (overall winners are not eligible for age category prizes).
Age Category Winners: A prize will be given to the first place winner in each of the following age categories: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80 plus.
Post Race Party
Post race party to be determined based on Public Health guidelines.
- 2020 Race Results
- 2019 Overall Race Results
- 2019 Age Category Race Results
- 2018 Run the Rockies Trail Half & 10k Age Category Results
- 2018 Run the Rockies Trail Half & 10k Overall Results
- 2017 Overall Race Results
- 2017 Ladies 10k Results
- 2017 Men’s 10k Results
- 2017 Ladies Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Men’s Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Race Results
View 2021 Run the Rockies trail race photos by photographer Joe Kusumoto. High resolution download password: 2021FriscoTrailRTR
For more information on this event, please email Linsey Joyce, Recreation Programs Manager or call the Frisco Day Lodge at 970-668-2558.