Kids' Fishing Derby
July 4, 2017 from 9:00am – 11:00am
The Town of Frisco partners with the Gore Range Chapter of Trout Unlimited to bring this July 4th fishing derby tradition to kids and their families each year in Frisco. This year prizes are sponsored by sponsored by Bass Pro Shops. Kids are invited to fish the stocked pond at Meadow Creek Park (828 Meadow Drive, Frisco) from 9:00am – 11:00am on July 4th.
- Kids should bring their own fishing poles and bait, but there will be some loaner equipment available.
- Registration is on July 4th starting at 8:15am at this free event.
- Catch and release is strongly encouraged.
- Trout Unlimited volunteers will be on hand to help kids with their gear, measure fish and generally provide guidance about fishing best practices.
- This event is open to kids 15 and under and a fishing license is not required if under 16 years of age.
- Age categories are 0-5, 6-8, 9-12 and 13-15.
- First place (longest fish) in each category will receive a prize and have their picture taken for display in the Summit Daily.
Please keep your pets on leash or leave them at home (Fido wouldn’t like getting a hook in his paw and splashing dogs make it tough to catch that longest fish!)
2017 Derby winners:
1- Mac Lukasiewicz age 8 of Dillon, CO came in 1st with a 12 inch trout
2- Noah Nguyen age 12 of Allen, TX came in 2nd with an 11 inch trout
3- Mason Lukasiewicz age 11 of Dillon, CO took 3rd place with a 10.5 inch trout
4- River Tomlinson age 4 of Evergreen, CO tied for 4th place with a 10 inch trout
4- Harper Ashburn age 10 of Denver, CO tied for 4th place with a 10 inch trout