Kids' Fishing Derby
2020 Derby Details
July 4, 2020 from 8:00am – 10:00am
The Town of Frisco partners with Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the Gore Range Chapter of Trout Unlimited to bring this July 4th fishing derby tradition to kids and their families each year in Frisco. Kids are invited to fish the stocked pond at Meadow Creek Park (828 Meadow Drive, Frisco) from 8:00am – 10:00am on July 4th.
- Kids should bring their own fishing poles and bait, but there will be a very limited amount of loaner equipment available.
- Registration is on July 4th starting at 7:30am for this free event.
- Catch and release is strongly encouraged.
- Trout Unlimited volunteers will be on hand to help kids with their gear, measure fish and generally provide guidance about fishing best practices.
- This event is open to kids 15 and under and a fishing license is not required if under 16 years of age.
- Age categories are 0-5, 6-8, 9-12 and 13-15.
- First place (combined lengths of fish caught) in each category will receive a prize and have their picture taken for display in the Summit Daily.
- There will be no fishing at Meadow Creek Pond from July 1st – July 4th at noon in order to prepare the pond for the fishing derby.
Please keep your pets on leash or leave them at home. Fido wouldn’t like getting a hook in his paw, and splashing dogs make it tough to catch the biggest fish!
2019 Derby Winners
1st Place- James Ngo
2nd Place- Will Needy
3rd Place- Elise Nguyen
1st Place- Kale Halverson
2nd Place- Garrett Uhlenbrock
3rd Place- Carter Halverson
1st Place- Mac Lukasiewicz
2nd Place- Anna Needy
3rd Place- Landry Kuntz
1st Place- Jarion Partrich
2nd Place- Nolan Kiefer
3rd Place- Mia Wood