Kids' Fishing Derby
2018 Derby Details
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 from 8:00am – 10:00am NEW EARLIER TIME
The Town of Frisco partners with Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the Gore Range Chapter of Trout Unlimited to bring this July 4th fishing derby tradition to kids and their families each year in Frisco. The Frisco Bay Marina, the Town of Frisco and Trouts Frisco are providing prize giveaways. Kids are invited to fish the stocked pond at Meadow Creek Park (828 Meadow Drive, Frisco) from 8:00am – 10:00am on July 4th.
- Kids should bring their own fishing poles and bait, but there will be a very limited amount of loaner equipment available.
- Registration is on July 4th starting at 7:30am for this free event.
- Catch and release is strongly encouraged.
- Trout Unlimited volunteers will be on hand to help kids with their gear, measure fish and generally provide guidance about fishing best practices.
- This event is open to kids 15 and under and a fishing license is not required if under 16 years of age.
- Age categories are 0-5, 6-8, 9-12 and 13-15.
- First place (longest fish) in each category will receive a prize and have their picture taken for display in the Summit Daily.
- There will be no fishing at Meadow Creek Pond from Saturday, June 30 – Wednesday, July 4 at noon in order to prepare the pond for the fishing derby.
Please keep your pets on leash or leave them at home (Fido wouldn’t like getting a hook in his paw and splashing dogs make it tough to catch the biggest fish!)
2018 Derby Winners
1st Place- Henry Boshammer 12 inches
2nd Place- Bradley Anderson 11 inches
2nd Place- Andrew Anderson 11 inches
3rd Place- Madeline Anderson 9 inches
1st Place- Tyler Nimtz 16 inches
2nd Place- Charlie Boshammer 14 inches
3rd Place- Jacob Kusch 11 inches
1st Place- Leila Wilson 12 inches
1st Place- Annika Broecker 12 inches
2nd Place- JP Partrich 11 inches
2nd Place- Ryan Steinhoft 11 inches
3rd Place- Franklin Hinds 10 inches
3rd Place- Robby Nimtz 10 inches
1st Place- Barrett Pape 11.25 inches