- The Dillon Reservoir is owned and operated by Denver Water, and is their largest water storage facility.
- The Reservoir has a capacity of 257,304 acre ft. (1 acre ft. = 325,851 gal.), and the Dam has a storage capacity of 254, 036 acre ft.
- Construction of the Dam began in 1961 and was completed in 1963.
- The entire town of Dillon, Colorado, and a hydroelectric plant were relocated to build the dam.
- Proceeds from recreation stay in Summit County for the management of recreational activities on the reservoir.
- The current reservoir water level/elevation may be found on the Denver Water website in the third table titled “West Slope”.
Learn more about the Reservoir from Denver Water
Check out the recreation area on the map below:
More maps of the Reservoir:
Paddle Sports Map
Power Boat Map