The 2020 Frisco BrewSki has been cancelled out of on an abundance of caution and based on guidance from Summit County Health. Full refunds will be issued in the next two days. Wash your hands, get outside for some fun, wash your hands again, and see you in 2021!
What is BrewSki?
- It is a beer festival on skis at the Frisco Nordic Center.
- Where you throw on a costume.
- Stop at beer tasting tents along the trail to sample beers from 8 Colorado breweries.
- Win prizes for the best costumes.
- End with more beer tastings and music at the after party.
- It’s that easy.
Just Say Yes To Beer Tasting & No to Racing
This is not a race, so simmer down, get ready to taste lots of great beer, and oh yeah- dress up in a costume because the glory of skiing in a costume is unparalleled.
Saturday, March 14, 2020
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm skiing and beer tasting
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm after party with more beer tasting and prizes
The skiing portion of the event will take place on the groomed and scenic terrain at the Frisco Nordic Center. The terrain will not be challenging so even a snowboarder can Nordic ski this beer tour… it’s been done.
Heads up- you may be passed by skiers in Lycra who are out for their daily 50k of skiing- don’t let them pressure you into going faster or further. Fun is your only destination.
What Type of Skis Should I Use?
We recommend using Nordic/cross country skis- either classic or skate skis for this event. You may also use AT or telemark equipment with skins if you like your skis a little burlier.
Rental skis for this event will be $10 and available to rent starting at 1:00pm on Saturday, March 14 at the Frisco Nordic Center on a first come, first served basis.
Ski rentals are very limited so please do your best to bring your own skis by renting at your own friendly hometown Nordic ski source.
What Should I Wear?
A chicken costume. A unicorn horn. A wig. A one-piece ski suit. A pug snout. A banana costume. Things made out of spray painted cardboard…
Ok- we really want you to wear a costume, but you should probably wear weather-appropriate, comfortable clothes under that. Tutus over that are totally acceptable too.
Will All This Beer Tasting Benefit Anyone?
Yes! A portion of the proceeds will go to Friends of the Dillon Ranger District, who will be out there helping us judge the costume contest and serving up libations!
What if I Don’t Drink Beer or My Kids Really Want to Ski in in Their Mutant Ninja Turtle Costumes?
No problem. We respect that. Aside from having Colorado beer at the beverage stops, we will also have a non-alcoholic, child friendly options available. Did we mention that kids get a root beer float at the after party?
Can My Dog Ski with Me?
If your dog can ski, we would love to see that sometime, but we’re sorry Commander needs to sit this one out.
Participants who dress up will be eligible to win prizes for best costume, toughest costume to ski in and best team costume.
Commit to Beer Tasting on Skis Right Now
- November 1, 2019-February 29, 2020 $25 per adult and $15 for youth (Ages 5-20).
- March 1, 2020-March 13, 2020 at 12:00pm registration is $30 per adult and $20 for youth 20 years old and younger.
- Day-of registration is $35 per adult and $25 youth (ages 5-20) and will be available at the Frisco Nordic Center starting at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 14, 2020.
- Participants may register as a team; You will be asked to list your ‘team name’ during registration so please have a team name ready if you are that organized. Don’t have a team? We’d still love to have you participate; go ahead and register and maybe you’ll find a team to ski with!
- Online registration will open on November 1, 2019 or you may register by calling 970-668-2558.
The first 250 people to register will receive a commemorative gift!