This exciting new program offered at Copper Mountain, and presented by Copper’s partners at Mammut, welcomes uphill skiers of all abilities to enjoy Copper in a new and different way. Whether you are a Skimo expert or just beginning with touring, Copper’s Winter Uphill Race Series offers something for everyone.
All challenges will take place live with existing and modified uphill routes at Copper Mountain. All participants must check in with organizers at the event start prior to the race. Please see schedule below for specific course routes for each date.
Saturday, March 19, 2022
Mammut Uphill Race Series: Copper Cup
Friday, April 15, 2022
209 Ten Mile Circle
Copper Mountain, CO 80443
Saturday, March 19, 2022 – 6:30am start
Route: Start route on the east side of the American Flyer lift. At the top of the American Flyer chair, there is a downhill transition on Highpoint to Coppertone. Once you have reached the flats between Rendezvous and Sierra, look for the uphill transition on Union Park to finish at R saddle.
Friday, April 15, 2022 – 4:30pm start
Route: From East Village, travel up Skid Road, Main Vein, Rhapsody, Copperopolis, and continue to Patrol Headquarters at the top of the Superbee. You will then proceed uphill on Spaulding ridge to the top of Storm King. Ski down Lilly G > Union Park > Wheeler Creek > Coppertone > Carefree to finish the race in Center Village.
- $15 per race
- Registration closes at 4:00pm the Friday prior to the start
- Races open to the public
- Uphill Access users may park in Copper’s interior lots for free until 8:30am for early morning races
- Parking hangtags will be available at guest service when obtaining the race armband
- Users who wish to stay after 8:30am will need to have pre-registered for parking and leave a printed copy of the QR code in the dash of their vehicle
- Vehicles left after 8:30am without a QR code reservation may be subject to ticketing or towing of vehicle at owner’s expense