The Town of Frisco invites community members to bike to work, or wherever they may be going, on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 in honor of Bike to Work/Wherever Day, an annual county-wide event that supports physical activity and carbon neutral travel for all levels and abilities of cyclists. Since 2014, Bike to Work Day has encouraged commuters in Summit County to leave their cars behind to help save money on commuting costs, improve their health and lower stress levels — all while reducing traffic congestion and improving air quality. Those who ditch the car in favor of a bicycle, whether for work, errands, or just for fun, can find free breakfast and activities located all around Summit County.
“There are so many reasons to commute by bike whenever possible, from the expense of gasto the necessary road work that can make travel by car more challenging, to knocking out your workout for the day, the benefits just keep adding up,” stated Veronika Hewitt, Town of Frisco communications specialist and self-proclaimed bike enthusiast.
All cyclists are welcome to stop by any (or all) of the pit-stops throughout the county between 7:30 am and 10:30 am for a light breakfast, bike tunes, swag items, and drawings for bike gear prizes.
The Pit Stops (From 7:30 am – 10:30 am)
- Frisco – Frisco Main Street/ Historic Park
- Frisco – Upper level of County Commons
- Silverthorne – Silverthorne Pavilion
- Dillon – Point Dillon, Dillon Recreation Path behind to the Amphitheater
- Summit Cove -On bike path at the intersection of Swan Mtn. Road and Hwy 9
- Breckenridge – Blue River Plaza
- Keystone – Keystone Employee Center
Other Events (4:00 – 9:00 pm)
Breckenridge Creative Arts will be offering a free Bike-In Movie, an arts & crafts tent, and Airstage music at the Ridge Street Arts Square, located at 117 E. Washington Street in Breckenridge.
For more information, please visit BreckCreate.org.
Bike to work days is cooperative community effort made possible by:
- Town of Frisco
- Summit County Open Space and Trails
- Town of Dillon
- Town of Silverthorne
- Breckenridge Tourism Office
- The Cove Bike Shop
- Rebel Sports
- Avalanche Physical Therapy
- Mountain-River Naturopathic Clinic
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Team of the Summit (PANTS)
- Project Bike Tech