Little Vikings is a learn-to-cross country ski program presented by the Town of Frisco and the Summit Nordic Ski Club (SNSC.) The program is open to youth ages 5-12 and offers two, four-week sessions that meet afterschool at the Frisco Nordic Center. This program is non-competitive and is open to all ability levels with a focus on learning to ski and developing good classic-skiing technique.
All participants must bring the following to camp:
- Snow clothes: snow pants, warm jacket, hat, gloves, and warm socks
- Snack and water bottle
Transportation will be provided from Frisco Elementary; Town of Frisco staff will drive a 15-passenger van to drive the Frisco Nordic Center.
2022 Youth Nordic Skiing Program Dates
The program will meet on Mondays and Thursdays from 4:15pm -5:30pm at the Frisco Nordic Center. Participants must be able to attend both days of the program; it is a progressive program and skills will be built from week to week.
- Session I: Mondays & Thursdays, January 10 – February 3, 2022
- Session II: Mondays & Thursdays, February 7-March 10, 2022 (No program the week of February 14 – 18, 2022 for Summit School District winter break)
- $225 per session if your child needs equipment* (+$50 refundable deposit)
- $135 per session if your child has their own equipment*
*Equipment will be rented for the duration of the program and may be used within that timeframe (must bring with you each day of the program.) Once the gear is returned in good condition, we will return your $50 deposit.
How to Register
- Registration for youth Nordic skiing programs is available online only.
- Registration will open at 8:00am on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 for those that live or work in Frisco or Copper (must show proof of residence annually). If you provided proof of residency or employment in Frisco or Copper for summer registration, you are already eligible for early registration. It is not too late to qualify for early registration, please e-mail proof of residency or employment to FriscoCamps@townoffrisco.com no later than 12:00pm on Tuesday, August 10, 2021.
- Registration will open for non-residents at 12:00pm on Wednesday, August 11, 2021.
- We strongly encourage you to visit the registration website (prior to registration opening) to ensure you remember your password or to create a new account. If you need help creating a new account, please view our “How to Create a New Account” instructions. If you need help with the registration process, please view our “How to Register” instructions.
Little Vikings Sessions I and II are currently full. Please click below to join the waitlist.
Cancellation 14 or more days prior to the start date of the program will receive a full refund for session participants. Cancellation less than 14 days prior to the start date of the program will not receive a refund. Please email FriscoCamps@townoffrisco.com to make a cancellation.
This program will be 100% outside. If temperatures drop below 10° F, we will cancel Little Vikings for the day. Please be sure to dress your child appropriately for all winter weather conditions. We will communicate via e-mail for any weather-related cancellations.
ePACT Network & Requirements
Again this year, we will be utilizing ePACT Network for better safety practices and to reduce our carbon footprint!
- To save you time – With ePACT, you only need to complete your child’s information once, and then verify that it is still correct for additional programs or subsequent years (which can be done in just two minutes)!
- Improved privacy and security – Eliminating paper forms ensures that your key information is safe and secure, while authorized staff members can still access this information any time they need it.
- Better support – ePACT makes it easy for you to share comprehensive health and emergency contact details, so we can provide the best support to your child. Plus, you can update this anytime and we will automatically receive those new details.
How It Works
- You’ll receive an email invite to share information with the Town of Frisco
- Click ‘Complete Request’ to create a free account, or log-in if you already have an existing ePACT account.
- Enter the required information, like medical conditions, and share it with the Town of Frisco so that program staff have access.
ePACT makes it far easier for you to share emergency information with us, while also ensuring we have access to records anytime, anywhere with the mobile app – even without an internet connection. Rest assured that you always own your account and the information in it. Plus, ePACT maintains the same levels of security as online banking, and limits access only to the administrators we assign for enhanced privacy. Learn more about ePACT, including Privacy & Security.
Have questions or feedback? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.