Tubing and Skiing Safety
Service Animal Policy
At all times, a service animal must be under the control of its handler. A service animal shall have a harness, leash, or other tether, unless either the handler is unable because of a disability to use a harness, leash, or other tether, or the use of a harness, leash, or other tether would interfere with the service animal’s safe, effective performance of work or tasks, in which case the service animal must be otherwise under the handler’s control (e.g., voice control, signals, or other effective means). Where it is not obvious that an animal is a service animal, Town of Frisco Employees may inquire as to the following: 1) is the animal housebroken (2) what work or task the animal has been trained to perform. All service animals must fall within current ADA guidelines.
Individuals with disabilities are permitted to be accompanied by their service animal in all public areas of the Frisco Adventure Park. However, the Frisco Adventure Park prohibits the public from having service animals on ski lifts (magic carpet lift), ski/ride hill, and tubing hill. The use of service animals on ski lifts and ski terrain impedes the reasonably safe operation of the Frisco Adventure Parks onslope activities. These safety concerns include the real potential for conflicts between service animals and skiers, riders, and tubers and are compounded by the large volume of lift, slope and trail use. These safety requirements are based on actual risks and are not intended to be discriminatory in any way.
Drone use is not permitted. Please review the Town of Frisco’s Drone Policy for further details.
- Riders must be 36 inches tall
- You must have a valid lift ticket for the magic carpet to access the tubing hill (included in your tubing fee)
- Tubing while impaired or visibly intoxicated will not be allowed
- One rider per tube
- Follow attendant’s signal before starting
- Immediately leave the stopping area. Look uphill for approaching tubes before crossing other lanes to exit
Water proof / wind proof outer layer, warm boots, hat, gloves and sunglasses or goggles. Ski boots are generally discouraged.
Tubing Tips and Safety
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your reservation time in order to fill out important paperwork and watch a safety video.
- Adults, please plan to accompany your minor children through the registration process and safety briefing whether or not you plan to tube with them.
- Weather in Summit County can be variable. Please dress in layers. For your convenience, lockers are available in the Day Lodge to store extra belongings.
- Recommended attire includes a water proof / wind proof outer layer, warm boots, hat, gloves and sunglasses or goggles.
- Ski boots are generally discouraged.
- Tubing is available in all weather conditions – snow or sun! Weather conditions may affect track speed.
- Track conditions will determine if groups of tubers riding down together will be allowed. For your safety, please be prepared to follow the instructions provided by tubing attendants.
- Warning: Under Colorado law, a skier assumes the risk of any injury to person or property resulting from any of the inherent dangers and risks of skiing and may not recover from any ski area operator for any injury resulting from any of the inherent dangers and risks of skiing, including: changing weather conditions; existing and changing snow conditions’ bare spots; rocks; stumps; trees; collisions with natural objects, man-made objects, or other skiers; variations in terrain; and the failure of skiers to ski within their own abilities.
If you book a reservation in advance, you must cancel by 5:00pm the day before your tubing time in order to avoid a $10/person cancellation fee. You must call to cancel your reservation before the time of your reservation, No Call No Shows will not be refunded.
Reservations are for the specific reserved time. We are often fully booked, and cannot accommodate guests into a different time slot. We are always happy to move reservations to a different day if availability allows, otherwise we refer to our above cancellation policy.