- General Info
- Lessons, Tours & Clinics
- Season Passes
- Youth Nordic Programs
- Masters Ski
- Up & At ‘Em Ski Series
- Frisco Gold Rush
- Frisco Freeze Fat Bike Race
- Sleigh Rides
- Rec Path
COVID19 Update: We continue to monitor regulations and recommendations regarding group gatherings during these unprecedented times. We are working with our local permitting agencies as well as following guidance from Summit County Public Health. The health and safety of our race participants, staff, volunteers, and the Frisco community is our top priority.
The Up and At ‘Em series is ON this year but it is Strava/solo style. Due to current restrictions on gatherings and not being able to use the inside of the Nordic Center, a 7:00am event is not possible. But – join Strava (it’s free) and race your friends all winter. We will post four different race loops and the Nordic Center will track of your results via Strava by age group in both classic and skate throughout the year.
Racers can compete in this online format with a marked course from Monday at 7:00am – Wednesday at 5:00pm. There are virtual races scheduled with varying distances:
- Race #1: January 25-27, 2021 – 6.5km
- Strava Segment/Course Map
- Course Description: start at the Nordic Center>M’Rezy>RJ’s Vista>Ballfanz Blitz>Rec Path>Crown Point Road>Jody’s Nugget>Rieschels East (NEW trail)>Olympian’s Link>RJ’s Vista>Kim’s Chase>M’Rezy>finish at the Nordic Center
- Race # 2: February 8-10, 2021 – 7.5km
- Race #3: February 22-24, 2021 – 7.5km
- Race #4: March 8-10, 2021 – 10km
You can choose to skate or classic each race; you will be asked this question when you register online. We ask that all racers ski the course during daylight hours, and you must compete within the allotted timeframe for your time to be included in our race results.
How does it work?
- Register for the Series or for individual races.
- Join the ‘Frisco Up and At ‘Em’ club on your Strava app.
- Sign the race waiver (select ‘special event’ when it asks what type of ticket this waiver is for)
- Ski the marked course during the 58 hour time frame designated below.
- Track your run on your GPS watch or Strava app and download your GPS file and email it to the race director, Linsey Joyce.
- Check back here for race results or the Frisco Nordic Center Facebook Page.
2021 Race Entry Fees
Series Registration (4 races)
- Adults 18 and over – $45*
- Youth 17 and under – $30*
Individual Race Registration
- Adults 18 and over – $15/race
- Youth 17 and under – $10/race
2021 Prizes & Giveaways
We will have items to giveaway after each of the races. Names will be drawn at random and winners will be announced in a post-race email.
Series registrants will receive a series gift. Gift is TBD.
Racers will have Monday-Wednesday from 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. to ski the designated course.
All races will range in distance from 4 mile to 7 miles. All races will take place on groomed Frisco Nordic Center trails. The course will be marked with red arrows on trees or trail signs adjacent to junctions. Racers are highly encouraged to study and/or pre-ski the course before a timed effort as there will NOT be V-boards on the trail directing racers.
Please click here to sign the race waiver (select ‘special event’ when it asks what type of ticket this waiver is for.) You only need to fill out this waiver one time for the entire series.
This Series will be self-timed. All racers must use a GPS device, a watch or app on their phone, to record and map their run. Racers are encouraged to join the Up & At ‘Em Series ‘club’ on Strava where they can share their time and see who they are competing against. Racers will be asked to email their race file from their GPS device to the race director, Linsey Joyce.
Results will be posted by 5:00pm the Thursday following the race.