- General Info
- Lessons & Clinics
- Season Passes
- Frisco Gold Rush
- Frisco Cup Ski Races
- Frisco Freeze Fat Bike Race
- Sleigh Rides
Lessons & Clinics
Frisco Nordic Center Lessons
Frisco Nordic Center is CLOSED for the 2017/2018 season
Ski lessons are offered 7 days a week with PSIA certified instructors.
Full-day trail pass is included in all lesson prices. Rental equipment is not included in lesson prices.
All lessons are 75 minutes long.
Please call 970-668-2570 with any questions or to make reservations.
Group Beginner Classic Ski Lessons
- Classic group beginner lessons (up to 10 people, ages 12+)
- Please call for availability.
Semi-Private and Private Skate/Classic Lessons
- Semi-Private lessons (up to 2-4 people, ages 7+)
- Private lessons (1-2 people, ages 7+)
- The first person to register for the lesson will dictate whether the lesson is Classic or Skate.
- Please call 970-668-2570 for lesson schedule and reservations.
(Skate & Classic)
|Price per Person|
|Group Lesson (up to 10 people)||$50|
|Semi-Private Lesson (2-4 people)||$55|
|Private Lesson (1 -2 people)||$65|
Intermediate/Advanced Community Nordic Workouts
Join other local skiers for our new weekday group workout led by Frisco Nordic Center Staff! The coach will outline the focus of the day (skate or classic), provide guidance in the workout, and technical tips. The goal is to create a community of skiers who can enjoy the sport together in a positive environment while building fitness and skiing skills. Our emphasis will be to ski faster by skiing better and training effectively.
Pre-Registration is required. Book online or by calling 970-668-2570. A minimum of three participants must be pre-registered within 24 hours of the start time of the clinic. If this minimum is not met, the clinic will be cancelled.
- Free for Summit County residents and $10 for all other participants (all skiers must have a day pass or season pass).
- Available at 12:15-1:15pm Monday (classic ski), Wednesday (skate ski), Friday (skate ski)
- Not available on March 12th, 14th, 16th, 19th, 21st and 23rd
Frisco Nordic Center Ski Clinics
The Frisco Nordic Center offers a number of specialized clinics over the course of the season and some even include getting your dog involved. Clinics may be reserved online or by calling 970-668-2570.
Women’s Skate Ski Clinics
Women’s Skate Ski Clinics are a great way to not only develop skills, but to meet other women who are interested in skiing together. Join local PSIA certified instructors; Malin Bengtsson and Bernie Frey, as they teach the fundamental techniques of skate skiing. Equipment and trail pass are included in the registration fee of $100 per clinic .
- Mondays (10:00am-12:00pm) from January 8-29, 2018 – Women’s Beginner/Intermediate Skate Ski Clinic
- Tuesdays (10:00am-12:00pm) from January 9-30, 2018 – Women’s Intermediate/Advanced Skate Ski Clinic
- Thursdays (10:00am-12:00pm) from January 11-February 1, 2018- Women’s Beginner/Intermediate Skate Ski Clinic
- Mondays (10:00am-12:00pm) from February 5-March 5, 2018 – Women’s Beginner/Intermediate Skate Ski Clinic **Does not meet Monday, February 19**
- Tuesdays (10:00am-12:00pm) from February 6-27, 2018 – Women’s Intermediate/Advanced Skate Ski Clinic
- Thursdays (10:00am-12:00pm) from February 8-March 1, 2018- Women’s Beginner/Intermediate Skate Ski Clinic
The Weekend Vikings program is open to youth ages 8-13. Join us for one of two three-week sessions at the Frisco Nordic Center. Our Frisco Nordic Coaches will provide instruction and a fun-filled environment for learning or improving Nordic skills. Gear and coaching is included in this program for the 3-week session for $100. The focus of this program is having fun on skis. It is non-competitive and open to all abilities with a special focus on learning to ski and developing good classic technique. This clinic meets 3 Sundays each month from 9:00am-11:00am.
Please have your child come to the program prepared to be outside; we highly recommend dressing them in layers that include a hat, gloves, warm socks, ski/snow pants and a warm jacket.
- January Session-January 7, 21, and 28, 2018
- February Session-February 4, 11, and 25, 2018
Skijoring is cross-country skiing while being pulled by your dog(s). It is a sport that originated in Scandinavia several hundred years ago and is quickly gaining popularity in the United States. This beginning skijor clinic will focus on equipment, dog care, training, places to skijor, etc… Then the class will move outside to practice on the snow. It is $30 per class for Frisco Nordic Center season pass holders and $45 per class for non-season pass holders.
Classes are taught by Louisa Morrissey, certified professional dog trainer and owner of High Country Dogs (formally Skijor & More). All dogs must have proof of vaccination or titer testing and be in good health. For questions about any of the dog classes, please call Louisa Morrissey at 970-406-0158.
- Cross country skiing skills a MUST! If you need to learn to cross country ski, please take a lesson from the Frisco Nordic Center prior to coming to class.
- Dogs must be in good heath and MUST be able to peacefully tolerate a group situation with other people and dogs. For safety reasons we cannot allow reactive or aggressive dogs into group class.
- Saturday, January 6, 2018 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, January 20, 2018 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
For more information about Frisco Nordic programs or for help with registration, please call 970-668-2570 or email Nordic@TownofFrisco.com.