Kid's Bike Decorating Contest
The Kids’ Bike Decorating Contest is a 19 year Frisco tradition, and everyone is invited to join in on the fun. The bike parade showcases the kids’ creativity as they display their tricked-out rides and then take off down Main Street in the Frisco 4th of July parade.
New this year: Kids participating in the bike decorating contest will lead off Frisco’s parade.
- Plan to arrive around 11:45am, check in at the parking lot on the west side of Frisco Town Hall (1 Main Street) at the intersection of Madison Avenue and Main Street and, new this year, kids will lineup on Main Street between Madison Avenue and 1st Avenue for the decorating contest and will lead off the Frisco July 4th parade!
- There is no preregistration for the Kid’s Bike Decorating Contest. Parents or guardians must register kid participants and sign a waiver on July 4th. Please visit the Kid’s Bike Decorating Contest tent in the Town Hall parking lot when you arrive.
- Decorating supplies are not provided so please be sure to decorate bikes in advance.
- Kids 12 and under are eligible for the bike decorating contest.
- After registering, kids will show off their bikes to a small panel of judges to compete for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each age group (2-5, 6-8 and 9+).
- Children five and under must be accompanied by a parent or child over 12 during the parade.
- Parents must meet their children at 6th Avenue and Main Street post-parade if they are riding in the parade without adult supervision.
- Children on bikes are strongly encouraged to wear a helmet in the parade.