- General Info
- Lodging Specials
- How to Volunteer
- Directions & Parking
- Bacon Burner 6k
- Whiskey Tour
- Father’s Day Essay Contest
- BBQ Judges
- BBQ Sponsors
- How to Become a BBQ Vendor
- 2019 Award Results
How to Become a Vendor
The Colorado BBQ Challenge will serve up great food and beverage to 15,000+ visitors over 2 days. This means there will of course be lots of great BBQ for sale, but no one can live off of meat alone so the Challenge welcomes a variety of vendors who serve up everything from ice cream to cheese covered fries to fruit kabobs to corn on the cob.
Types of Vendors
There are four types of participants at the Colorado BBQ Challenge in Frisco:
- BBQers who are competing but NOT selling
- BBQ vendors who are selling and competing in the competition
- BBQ vendors who are selling but NOT competing
- Food vendors who are selling products other than BBQ and are NOT competing
2020 Colorado BBQ Challenge Registration
Registration for the 2020 Colorado BBQ Challenge will open at 9:00am on January 2, 2020. Use the button below to register.
If you fit into category #3 or #4 (above) then please apply to be a vendor.
Information on competing in the BBQ Challenge including competitor registration, category descriptions and fees is available now.
Important Information for Vendors
The BBQ Challenge is a non-cash event. BBQ tickets are called Hogbacks. Hogback sales have been a significant fund-raiser for local non-profits. From each $1.00 ticket sold, the Colorado BBQ Challenge receives $0.15 and vendors receive $0.85. Hogbacks are the only type of payment vendors may accept.
- Vendor ‘s will receive a check for 85% of the proceeds minus applicable sales taxes within 2 weeks of the BBQ Challenge. Vendors will need to provide a Colorado sales tax ID and Frisco will retain state sales tax and remit it on your behalf.
- The Summit County Health Department updated their fee structure and application in 2017 and their updated information may be found on their website.
- Vendors and BBQ competitors will be able to apply online only for the Colorado BBQ Challenge. There will be no email or phone application submissions available.
If you have any questions, please contact Nora Gilbertson, Frisco Events Manager, at 970-668-9132 or at NoraG@townoffrisco.com.