- General Info
- Lodging Specials
- How to Volunteer
- Directions & Parking
- Bacon Burner 6k
- Whiskey Tour
- Father’s Day Essay Contest
- BBQ Judges
- BBQ Sponsors
- How to Become a BBQ Vendor
- 2019 Award Results
Directions & Parking
Directions to the Frisco BBQ Challenge from Interstate 70
Exits #201 or #203 from Interstate 70 take you to Frisco.
Shuttle Bus Parking
Park at Summit Middle School (158 School Road, Frisco) and take the free BBQ Challenge shuttle.
- This is the convenient, no-hassle way to get to the BBQ Challenge!
- Get free Hogbacks- If you carpool with 3 or more people per car and park at the shuttle parking lot, you will receive 5 hogbacks/per car.
- Shuttle bus drop-off/pick-up locations are located on Granite Street at 1st Avenue and 5th Avenue.
- The BBQ Challenge shuttle will run on Friday, June 14 from 10:30am-9:30pm and on Saturday, June 15 from 9:30am-6:30pm.
Hard to Find In-Town Parking
Additional parking is located on the side streets surrounding the BBQ Challenge event site, but fill very quickly.
- Please be careful not to block private driveways when parking.
- Parking is not allowed on Town right-of-ways between 2:00am and 6:00am in the Town of Frisco.
- If you are unable to drive because of impairment, please call Summit County Dispatch at 970-668-8600 to report the location of your car and how long it may be there.
Local Free Transportation
The Summit Stage offers free bus service around Summit County and Frisco serves as a hub for this service. Grab a hard copy of the bus schedule at the Frisco/Copper Information Center located at the corner of 3rd Avenue & Main Street or check out their online schedule.
Bike to BBQ
Pedal your way to BBQ bliss and use the bicycle racks located at the Frisco Historic Park, Frisco/Copper Visitor Information Center and other locations around town. We will also have 2 larger “bike parking lots” on 2nd Avenue near Granite Street and on 5th Avenue near Galena Street. Just remember to bring your own locks.
The Recreation Path boasts 55 miles of biking/walking/running fun and is a great way to get to the BBQ Challenge from neighboring towns as well!