- General Info
- Lodging Specials
- How to Volunteer
- Directions & Parking
- Bacon Burner 6k
- Whiskey Tour
- Father’s Day Essay Contest
- BBQ Judges
- BBQ Sponsors
- How to Compete at the BBQ Challenge
- How to Become a Vendor
- 2018 Award Results
How to Compete at the BBQ Challenge
The Colorado BBQ Challenge will welcome 60+ BBQ competitors on June 14 and 15, 2019. The competitors are the heart and soul of the Colorado BBQ Challenge.
There are two types of competitors at the Colorado BBQ Challenge in Frisco:
- BBQ vendors who are selling and competing in the competition
- BBQers who are competing but NOT selling
The non-selling competitor category is highly coveted and registration fills in minutes for this category.
For 2018 competitor categories and fees please review the 2018 competitor information.
Registration for both selling and non-selling competitors for the Colorado BBQ Challenge opened on Tuesday, January 2, 2019 at 9:00am.
Important Information for Selling Competitors
The Colorado BBQ Challenge is a non-cash event. BBQ tickets are called Hogbacks. Hogback sales have been a significant fundraiser for local non-profits and a way for the competition’s cooking teams to recoup some of their costs. From each $1.00 ticket sold, the Colorado BBQ Challenge receives $0.15 and teams receive $0.85.
- Another important piece of information for selling competitors: the people have spoken and they want more meat on the street! You may NOT sign up as a selling competitor and sell only sauce or popsicles or Uncle Vern’s favorite rice crispies.
- The Summit County Health Department updated their fee structure in 2017. An updated application and information may be found on the Summit County Health Department website.
- Participants will ONLY be able to apply ONLINE for the Colorado BBQ Challenge. There will be no email or phone application submissions available.
If you have any questions, please contact Nora Gilbertson, Frisco Events Manager, at 970-668-9132 or at NoraG@townoffrisco.com.