Saturday, February 9, 2019
Join us for the 49th Annual Frisco Gold Rush. Gold Rush is the longest running Nordic event in Colorado, and consists of classic and skate races open to skiers of all ages and abilities. Gold Rush is where the past and present come together to celebrate our historical mining heritage and embrace our snowy Nordic culture.
Registration opened on Thursday, November 1, 2018 and will close at noon on Friday, February 8, 2019. Day of registration will be available from 7:00am – 10:00am on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at the Frisco Day Lodge.
- Early Bird Adult Registration (November 1, 2018- November 30, 2018) $50
- Adult Registration (December 1, 2018-January 1, 2019) $55
- Adult Late Registration (January 2, 2019 -February 8, 2019) $60
- Day of Registration (February 9, 2019) $65
7.5k Open (Skate/Classic-Prizes for both disciplines)
- Early Bird Adult Registration (November 1- November 30, 2018) $40
- Adult Registration (December 1, 2018-January 1, 2019) $45
- Adult Late Registration (January 2, 2019 -February 8, 2019) $50
- Day of Registration (February 9, 2019) $55
*There will be a $10 discount for participants 18 and under for the 20k and 7.5k races.
1k Kids’ Fun Ski
- Pre-registration (Until February 8, 2019 at 12:00pm) $10
- Day of Registration (February 9, 2019) $15
- 9:00am – 20k start
- 9:30am – 7.5k skate ski start
- 9:45am – 7.5k classic ski start
- 10:00am – 1k kids’ fun ski start
7.5k skate and classic course: Start at Nordic Center, M’Rezy, RJ’s, Olympian’s Link, Crown Point, Jody’s Nugget East, Gene’s, Balfonz, M’Rezy to Nordic Center
20k skate course: Start at Nordic Center, M’Rezy, course then goes onto lake at end of RJ’s via Pine Cove Boat Ramp for a 12.5k loop on lake, returning to Pine Cove Boat Ramp and continuing left up Olympian’s Link, Crown Point, Jody’s Nugget East, Gene’s, Balfonz, M’Rezy to Nordic Center
Race day registration and bib pick-up will be available from 7:00am – 10:00am on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at the Frisco Day Lodge.
The first 175 registrants for the 20k and 7.5k races will receive a Gold Rush commemorative item.
The 20k and 7.5k events will be chip timed by Maverick Sports.
Overall: The top 3 male/female finishers in each race (7.5k classic, 7.5k skate and 20k) will receive a prize (overall winners are not eligible for age category prizes).
Age Category Winners: A prize will be given to the first place winner in each of the following age categories: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Post Race Party:
The post race party will take place at the Frisco Nordic Center with light refreshments, awards and giveways.
You are participating in this race at your own risk. You will encounter mountain terrain. You could encounter hazardous weather or wildlife during this race. The race director reserves the right to cancel, delay or postpone the race due to inclement weather. There are no refunds available.
Skiing with Music:
If you choose to wear headphones during the race, we ask that you remove one ear bud. It is important that all racers can hear what is going on around them. Racers must be respectful of other trail users.
A portion of race proceeds go to the Summit Nordic Ski Club.
- 2018 Gold Rush Race Results
- 2017 Frisco Gold Rush Race Results
- 2016 Citizen Results
- 2016 CHSAA Results
For more information on this event, please contact Sara Skinner, Recreation Programs Coordinator, at SaraS@townoffrisco.com or 970-668-5276 x3053.