Jun 22, 2019 (Past event)
Cancellation & New Date
The Timberline Cruiser Regatta was cancelled due to snowy conditions (yep- it snowed on June 22nd) and an ongoing winter weather advisory through 6:00am on Sunday, June 23. The event is being rescheduled for Saturday, August 31, 2019 so plan to join us then with costumes, sailing and general tomfoolery.
On Saturday, June 22, 2019, the Frisco Bay Marina will host the 12th annual New Belgium Timberline Cruiser Regatta. This fun race is open to anyone with a sailboat who wants to compete for bragging rights and glory. Costumes and creativity will be rewarded. All Cruiser Regatta participants will receive a t-shirt, racers’ buffet dinner and New Belgium beer at the after party.
- Cost of registration is $45 per boat with up to 4 crew members.
- Any extra crew members are $10 per crew member.
- Registration is on Friday, June 21 from 5:30pm-7:00pm and Saturday, June 22 from 9:30am-10:30am at the Frisco Bay Marina.
- Anyone registering on Friday evening is invited to take advantage of the $6 burger and beer deal at the Island Grill on Friday.
Schedule on Saturday, June 23, 2018
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am – Captains’ meeting– The course map will be supplied, and anyone not on a crew is invited to come to the captains’ meeting to be “adopted” onto any registered crews if space is available.
- 12:00 pm – Event start at the Frisco Bay Marina
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Race end anticipated
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Awards ceremony and after party at the Island Grill
Awards & Auction
- Awards will be presented for best overall, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and best costumed crew/boat.
- Also, a New Belgium cruiser bike and an $800 Frisco Bay Marina credit, along with many other great items will be available for live auction to benefit the Dillon Yacht Club’s Junior Sailing Program.
- There will also be live music at the after/awards party.