Aug 31, 2019 (Past event)
On Saturday, August 31, 2019, the Frisco Bay Marina will host the 12th annual New Belgium Timberline Cruiser Regatta. This fun race is open to anyone with a sailboat who wants to compete for the most fun. Costumes and creativity will be rewarded. All Cruiser Regatta participants will receive a t-shirt, racers’ buffet dinner and New Belgium beer at the after party.
This event was re-scheduled from June due to snow!
- Cost of registration is $45 per boat with up to 4 crew members.
- Any extra crew members are $10 per crew member.
- Registration is on Friday, August 30 from 5:30pm-7:00pm and Saturday, August 31 from 9:30-10:30am at the Frisco Bay Marina. Download the Notice of Race & Registration Form and download the Sailing Instructions for Teams.
- Anyone registering on Friday evening is invited to take advantage of the $6 burger and beer deal at the Island Grill on Friday.
Schedule on Saturday, August 31, 2019
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am – Captains’ meeting– The course map will be supplied, and anyone not on a crew is invited to come to the captains’ meeting to be “adopted” onto any registered crews if space is available.
- 12:00 pm – Event start at the Frisco Bay Marina
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Race end anticipated
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Awards ceremony and after party at the Island Grill
Awards & Auction
- Awards will be presented for best overall, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and best costumed crew/boat.
- Also, a New Belgium cruiser bike and an $800 Frisco Bay Marina credit, along with many other great items will be available for live auction to benefit the Dillon Yacht Club’s Junior Sailing Program.
- There will also be live music at the after/awards party.