Jun 26, 2019 (Past event)
Free Breakfast, Prize Drawings & After-Work Festivities
Summit County and the Physical Activity and Nutrition Team of the Summit (PANTS) invite the community to participate in the 2019 Bike to Work Day on Wednesday, June 26, 2019. Bicycle commuters can receive free breakfast, get simple bike tune-ups by local bike mechanics and enter prize drawings.
Summit County has celebrated Bike to Work Day since 2010, and hundreds of commuters participate each year. PANTS began partnering with the County in 2014, helping to grow the event’s participation and activity offerings.
Breakfast & Prize Stations
All cyclists are welcome to stop by any (or all) of the seven breakfast stations between 7:00 and 10:00am for free coffee, juice, muffins, bagels and other light breakfast items. The breakfast stations will be at the following locations:
- Breckenridge: Blue River Plaza
- Dillon: Point Dillon, intersection of Lodgepole Street and the rec path
- Frisco: Historic Park, Main Street and Second Avenue- Breakfast burritos will be served at this location.
- Frisco: Summit County Commons, Main Branch Library entrance, 0037 Peak One Drive
- Keystone: The Keystone Employee Center, 21799 US-6
- Silverthorne: Silverthorne Pavilion, 400 Blue River Pkwy
- Summit Cove: On the rec path at the intersection of US-6 and Swan Mountain Road
Making Your Bike Commute Safe & Fun
- Pack your bag of work clothes and other items you’ll need the night before. This minimizes prep time and logistical details on the morning of your commute.
- Ensure your bicycle is safe to ride (air in the tires, brakes working, chain lubed, etc.).
- Contact the Summit County Open Space & Trails Department ahead of time if you need assistance planning a bicycle route to your workplace.
- Check the weather forecast the night before so you can make the right clothing and gear choices; early morning bike rides at high elevations may require a warm outer layer and gloves. Be prepared for afternoon showers on the way home.
- Don’t forget your helmet!
The community is invited to continue the celebration of Bike to Work Day at three locations in the evening.
- The Town of Silverthorne is celebrating the end of Cycle Silverthorne month with happy hour at Bakers Brewery from 5:00 – 7:00pm.
- The Frisco Chapter of the Summit Chamber will host a bike-in mixer from 5:00 – 7:00pm at the Island Grill in Frisco.
- GoBreck is organizing a bike-in movie at 7:00pm at the Breckenridge Arts District.
Bike to Work Day Partners
2019 Bike to Work partners include PANTS, Summit County Open Space and Trails, Health Links™, Town of Frisco, Town of Dillon, Town of Silverthorne, GoBreck, WIC, Summit County Government, Cycle Effect, Red Buffalo Café, Project Bike Tech, The Cove Bike Shop, Keystone Resort, Think First, The Summit Chamber, Rebel Sports, REI, Curves Sports, Wyatt West, The Uptown on Main, Rocky Mountain Coffee Roasters, Pure Kitchen, City Market Dillon, Dillon Dam Brewery, Bakers Brewery and the Island Grill.