Mar 4-5, 2016 (Past event)
The name may have changed, but Snowshoe for the Cure will be the funky intersection of pink, happy and hope you have become used to over the years. Susan G. Komen Colorado has partnered with the Town of Frisco and Frisco Nordic Center to continue the tradition of snowshoe fun and community spirit which has raised over 1 million dollars since its inception to fight breast cancer. Susan G. Komen Colorado has always been a partner of this event, but this year they are bringing their own passion and considerable love of events to Frisco as a full fledged event organizer.
This year will feature a 3k, 5k and a little something for our smallest snowshoers.
3K – 9:25 a.m. start
Join us and hundreds of your fellow snowshoeing friends at the beautiful Nordic Center in Frisco! The awesome folks have groomed the trail just for you as you meander through 3K of wintry trails. Fear not, there will be several volunteers along the way keeping you on track. Make sure to thank them as you’re stomping on by…high-fives are welcomed and accepted.
5K – 9:15 a.m. start
Well you’re quite ambitious! This trail is similar to the 3K, but with what we like to call “an added bonus!”
$35 Early Bird: til January 11
$45 Regular: January 12 – March 3rd
$50 Walk Up*/Day of: March 4th – March 5th
*Walk up fees applicable at any of the pre-event, single day registration sites.
Lil Stomper Dash- 8:45 a.m. start
Hey Lil Stompers! This is your chance to show your parents what you’re made of! Lil Stompers (kiddos 12 and under) are welcome to join us at the start line before the 5K start. This short course is perfect for beginners and simple for all kids to take part in.
Start Time: 8:45am
FREE with a registered adult. Kiddos still need to be registered. Can be done online or at Packet Pickup.
$20 Early Bird: til January 11th
$30 Regular: January 12 – March 3rd
$45 Walk Up / Day of: March 4th – March 5th
*Walk up fees applicable at any of the pre-event, single day registration areas.
- Demo Tubbs snowshoes for FREE! (First come, first served-regularly $18 to rent)
- A fantastic goody bag, filled with swag
- Trail access exclusive to Snowshoe for the Cure participants
- You’ll be entered to win fabulous swag and prizes from sponsors and partners
- Snowshoe for the cure participation bib
- Post event celebration with entertainment and sponsor booths
- The fulfillment of taking part in stomping out breast cancer and a unique opportunity to join forces with Komen Colorado to fight breast cancer in your community.
We Need Volunteers