Feb 10, 2018 (Past event)
Frisco’s Mardi Gras Dog Parade
Mardi Gras 4Paws, inspired by the Bacchus Parade in New Orleans, comes to Frisco on Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 2:00pm-4:30pm with its own version of Mardi Gras for our four-legged friends! Hosted by the Town of Frisco, L.A.P.S. and The Lost Cajun Restaurant, this event is a costumed parade for dogs and their families.
All proceeds benefit L.A.P.S. which gives financial aid for vet bills for local animals in need.
- 2:00pm- Registration begins and dogs and their humans converge on 2nd Avenue between Main Street and the alley
- 2:00pm-4:30pm- Yappy Hour- Enjoy listening to festive Mardi Gras music while you sip New Belgium beer, wine or coffee or hot chocolate from Abbey’s Coffee during Yappy Hour. The Lost Cajun will donate delicious gumbo and beignets and we did not forget the pooches…we sell our own version of bottled Doggie Beer too! Even if you don’t have a mutt, come join the fun as a spectator.
- 3:15pm- The parade starts and travels down Main Street from 2nd Avenue to 7th Avenue along the sidewalk and back up the other side of the street for full viewing of the colorful canines and their entourage.
- 3:45pm- Canine Costume Contest- Following the parade, prizes will be awarded for dogs in costumes only, for a King and Queen along with a full court of winners. There is also a “Belinda’s Best” category to commemorate the late Belinda Griffin, who inspired this event.
- Online pre-registration is $15 for your 1st dog. Registration includes dog treats, a Mardi Gras doggie bandana, beads and a token for either one bowl of gumbo or a drink of your choice.
- Each additional family dog you would like to register is only $5. You must pay the full registration for your 1st dog and then any additional family dogs are only $5. Any additional dog registrations do not include the token or bandana.
- Day of registration is $20 for your 1st dog and $5 for additional dogs.
- All proceeds benefit L.A.P.S. programs.
- Cash/Check/Credit Cards are accepted