May 9-17, 2020 (Past event)
Frisco’s Town Clean Up Day Will Now Be a Week-Long Event
The Town of Frisco is participating in the Countywide Town Clean Up effort from Saturday, May 9 through Sunday, May 17, 2020. This is a chance for citizens to come together as a community, while maintaining physical distance, to clean up neighborhoods, parks, open spaces, business areas and trails around Frisco in anticipation of summer.
Where to Pick Up Supplies
The Town will provide non-medical grade gloves and orange trash bags that volunteers can pick up at the following self-service locations:
- Outer Range Brewing Co. at 182 Lusher Court
- Highside Brewing at 720 Main Street
- In the front vestibule at Frisco Town Hall at 1 Main Street
Where to Clean
Participants can clean the areas around their house, where they walk the dogs, their favorite trailhead, or any other areas in Town which they feel would benefit from their efforts. When done cleaning, leave litter-filled bags curbside for Public Works staff to collect.
*Please note this week-long event is for litter pickup only, and household waste, furniture, and appliances will not be collected.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty and comfortable walking shoes.
- Pick out a spot you see or walk every day and plan to do clean up there.
- Remember to stay six feet apart from other people who are not members of your household.
- Stay home if you are sick.
In lieu of the usual volunteer picnic celebration, the Town of Frisco is supporting local businesses by purchasing and then awarding gift cards from a variety of Frisco shops and restaurants to clean up volunteers through a social media contest. To enter the social media contest participants must post photographs of their clean up efforts on Facebook or Instagram.
- For Instagram, post volunteer photos with the hashtag #friscocleanup and tag @townoffrisco – profiles must be public for submissions to be visible.
- On Facebook, join the “Frisco Clean Up Week 2020” events page and upload volunteer clean up photos there. Social media contest participants are also asked to add on the hashtags #grossest, #mostunique, and #icollectedthemost if they believe their clean up treasures could take top honors those categories. Winners in those categories will receive special prizes.
- Photographs may also be emailed to Tofinfo@townoffrisco.com for submission.
Need More Information?
For more information on Frisco’s Town Clean Up Week, contact Zane Myers at 970-668-2564 or at ZaneM@TownofFrisco.com.