Jan 6, 2018 (Past event)
Introduction to Skijoring
Skijoring is cross-country skiing while being pulled by your dog(s). It is a sport that originated in Scandinavia several hundred years ago and is quickly gaining popularity in the United States. This beginning skijor clinic will focus on equipment, dog care, training, places to skijor, etc… Then the class will move outside to practice on the snow.
Classes are taught by Louisa Morrissey, certified professional dog trainer and owner of High Country Dogs (formally Skijor & More). All dogs must have proof of vaccination or titer testing and be in good health. For questions about any of the dog classes, please call Louisa Morrissey at 970-406-0158.
- Cross country skiing skills a MUST! If you need to learn to cross country ski, please take a lesson from the Frisco Nordic Center prior to coming to class.
- Dogs must be in good heath and MUST be able to peacefully tolerate a group situation with other people and dogs. For safety reasons we cannot allow reactive or aggressive dogs into group class.
Introductory classes will be offered on each of the following dates. This is not a series, but rather a 1 day introduction.
- Saturday, January 6, 2018 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, January 20, 2018 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
It is $35 per class for Frisco Nordic Center season pass holders and $45 per class for non-season pass holders.