Aug 26-27, 2017 (Past event)
The Colorado League races provide student athletes an arena in which to set and accomplish competitive goals, to achieve their personal best. The fall race series consists of 4 conference races and a state championship race. Professional race promotion, timing, course preparation, and risk management guarantee every participating student athlete is given a fun and fast environment to compete.
The Colorado High School Cycling League: Frisco Bay Invitational will take place at the Frisco Adventure Park on Saturday, August 26 and Sunday, August 27.
The race will start and finish at Frisco Adventure Park and most of the race course winds through adjacent USFS Dillon Ranger District lands. Pre-race staging, team pit zone, finish line, and expo area, will also be located at Frisco Adventure Park.
This high-altitude course is located at the Frisco Peninsula and incorporates the popular Nordic trails in the White River National Forest. The course is fairly rocky given the local geology of glacial outwash and alluvial deposits.
The course starts in front of the Frisco Day Lodge where riders ride up Recreation Road and turn left onto a double track heading east across Peninsula Road. The course then enters the Frisco Nordic trail system. A mix of single track, double track, and dirt road circumnavigates the peninsula in a clockwise direction. The first section of single track includes Balfonz Buzz, Jody’s Loop, and Riechl’s Retreat. Be prepared for a relatively steep loose descent down to Crown Point Road. The course is peppered with rolling single track as well as short rocky climbs and descents. Riders return to the finish on a spectator friendly trail built by the Town of Frisco.
Support healthy youth! Get involved with the Colorado League as a race weekend volunteer. The race series relies on volunteers to deliver a safe, exceptional experience while supporting student-athletes in their personal and team pursuits. There will be approximately 500 racers per day from two conferences representing 65 teams from Colorado, Wyoming and New Mexico at Frisco Adventure Park on August 26 and 27, 2017.
There are many volunteer positions to choose from. Step up, grab a buddy, spend some time in the mountains, ride some sweet local trails, and volunteer a few hours.
- Volunteer positions on Friday, August 25, 2017 include course setting, infield set-up and registration.
- Volunteer positions on Saturday, August 26, 2017 and Sunday, August 27, 2017 include parking, course marshals, finish line, scoring, announcing, feed zone, racer staging, and course take down.
Volunteering is easy:
- Check out the various volunteer positions available
- Click the “Volunteer” button to login with Signup.com on the Volunteer page. You can confirm and find useful guides for each position. You will receive confirmation emails regarding your commitment.
- Check in at the volunteer tent at the time specified to review your position.
If you volunteer 5 or more hours you will receive free lunch and and a t-shirt.