2021 Wassail Days information and schedule to be announced.
What is Wassail Days?
Wassail Days is Frisco’s super fun celebration of all things winter and the holidays, normally celebrated by local businesses offering unique wassail recipes to sample.
Wassail is a hot, spiced cider served over the holidays and shared among friends and neighbors, and while we can’t quite “share” like we used to this year, the spirit of the tradition lives on.
What do you do during Frisco Wassail Days?
2020 Wassail Days are from Saturday, November 28 through Sunday, December 6.
Typically, Frisco merchants engage in some friendly, but heavy, competition for the status of Best Wassail, and you, our dear guest, benefit as you get to try them all!
This year, we are slowing things down a bit. While merchants will not be sampling Wassail or giving away mugs, we still have some creative ways in which we can all have some fun responsibly and in the holiday spirit, as we invite you to explore the wonderful small businesses in Frisco and find that perfect holiday gift for your loved ones.
What else can you do during Frisco Wassail Days?
Unfortunately, the normal activities our guests have come to expect during Wassail, like the Soup Cup Classic, will be cancelled this year. Perhaps this is the year to try something new:
- Try Nordic Skiing or snowshoeing
- Visit a shop on Main Street that you haven’t been to before
- Make your own wassail by trying recipes from the 2019 winners
- Take a short winter hike and see what a winter wonderland Frisco truly is
Frisco’s events throughout the week encourage some good clean holiday fun with a dose of magic. Some of the highlights include Santa’s Calling and surprise Santa visits (he plans to cruise around Frisco in his Jeep this year). We hope you’ll find your own piece of mountain magic in Frisco during Wassail Days.
Frisco/Copper Information Center
300 Main Street
Frisco, CO 80443
9:00am – 5:00pm
The Information Center will have limited hours on some holidays and will be closed on January 1, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, and December 24 & 25.
PO Box 4100
Frisco, CO 80443
2020 Wassail Days Schedule*
2021 Wassail Days Schedule To Be Announced
November 15, 2020 – January 15, 2021: Love Frisco, Winter Frisco
Love Frisco, Winter Frisco – Back by popular demand, we are re-launching our e-gift card program for the holiday season! Originally named Love Frisco, Shop/Stay Frisco, our easy-to-use Love Frisco, Winter Frisco program offers the same awesome rewards for shopping local:
- Spend $30, receive a $10 bonus
- Spend $75, receive a $25 bonus
- Spend $120, receive a $40 bonus
Gift cards are available for purchase from November 15, 2020 through January 15, 2021 at LoveFriscoCO.com. The bonus gift cards provided by the Town of Frisco are redeemable through March 31, 2021 at participating Frisco businesses, and purchased cards do not expire.
Saturday, November 28, 2020: Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday – Start your Wassail days celebration on Small Business Saturday! This is everyone’s chance to start their Wassail Days celebration by visiting small local businesses on Main Street and in the Summit Boulevard area to do their holiday shopping and grab a takeout bite to eat.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020: Santa's Calling
Santa’s Calling, 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Fill out a call request form online by noon on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 to have Santa call your kiddos to hear out their Christmas wishes! On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, Santa will be calling all the children on his call list.
November 28, 2020 – December 6, 2020: More goodies!
- Get a free Wassail Days reusable gift bag with the purchase of $50 or more at local retail stores *while supplies last*
- Enjoy free cup of Wassail with a qualifying purchase at participating restaurants
- Rising Sun Distillery
- The Next Page Books and Nosh
- Mountain Dweller Coffee
- Look for Marvin the Moose hiding in the decorated windows of your favorite stores along Frisco Main Street. Marvin can be found 10 times on Main Street, each with a different ingredient for making Wassail, and he can be found once, just slightly off the beaten path, with a bonus (winning) ingredient. As you spot Marvin the Moose in different window displays, track the ingredients you find with this digital stroll and seek checklist.
- Surprise Santa visits- Santa will take surprise cruises around Frisco in a Jeep from Groove Silverthorne! There won’t be photos on Santa’s lap, but he will make time in his busy schedule to visit Frisco when he can.
*Schedule is subject to change.
What is NOT Happening this year, but returning in 2021
Wassail Days is steeped in holiday tradition and this event celebrates all the things that we love about winter, and Frisco, and more specifically, winter in Frisco! Read on for the traditions we hope to bring back as soon as circumstances allow:
- Wassail Sampling
- 12 Sips of Wassail Cards, including the commemorative free mug
- People’s Choice Wassail competition
- Soup Cup Classic – The Soup Cup Classic normally takes place at the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge during Wassail days. Local restaurants and amateur cooks duke it out for the titles of Best Professional Soup and Best Amateur Soup, respectively. The guests are the judges as they sample soup and vote for their favorite professional and amateur soups.
- Free Day at Two below Zero Sleigh Rides, the Nordic Center, and the Tubing Hill
- Carolers – Carolers make their way up and down Main Street filling the town with good cheer and holiday music.
- Wassail Night at the Museum – Guests experience a cozy winter evening at the Frisco Historic Park & Museum starting at 5:00pm with a free after-hours celebration at one of the Museum’s signature open houses. The Museum will be decked out for the holidays. Enjoy a sip of wassail, a cookie or two, and some songs and stories that will keep you warm all holiday long!
- In-Person visits with Santa – Normally, Santa visits with children at the Frisco Historic Park & Museum to find out what their fondest wishes are for the holiday season. Santa loves it when parents bring their cameras and take pictures of Santa with the kids.