The Town of Frisco’s Recreation Department will once again offer summer day and sport camp programs for youth ages 5-14, from June 3 through August 18. Online registration will open for these programs on Wednesday, April 7.
Summer program registration is available online only at FriscoCamps.com starting Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:00am for residents of Frisco or Copper and for individuals who work in Frisco or Copper. Proof of residency or employment will be required (paystubs, utility bills or an ID with a physical address). Documentation must be e-mailed to Grant McKay, Recreation Programs Lead, at GrantM@townoffrisco.com by 8:00am on April 5, 2021. Only Frisco residents (people that have a physical address in Frisco town limits) will receive resident rates.
Registration for non-residents/employees will be available online only starting on Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 12:00pm. Online registration will be available at FriscoCamps.com, and there will be no in-person registration available. Registration will fill up quickly for all programs, and hence, parents are encouraged to create an account or log into current accounts prior to April 7 to prepare for registration.
Frisco day and sport camps are offered each summer to provide the opportunity for youth to have inspiring adventures during their summer break, while giving parents the peace of mind that their children are in a safe and interesting environment. Frisco day camp programs are state licensed, offering experienced camp counselors, low child-to-counselor ratios and access to recreational amenities.
“While we are unlikely to be back to normal in regards to the pandemic just yet, running programs successfully over the past year with COVID protocols in place solidified the fact that we can provide a haven for kiddos to still have a great summer and give parents a bit of a break,” stated Linsey Joyce, Assistant Recreation & Culture Director and Programs Manager.
Day and Sport Camp Programs
- Frisco Fun Club is a state licensed day camp program with activities planned according to the weekly themes. Program participants are divided into three age groups: Little Chipmunks (Ages 5-6), Buffaloes (Ages 7-9), and Royals (Ages 10-12) Frisco Fun Club will run from June 3- August 18, 2021 with no camp on July 5, 2021. Camper drop off is between 8:00am – 9:00am and pick up is between 4:30pm – 5:30pm. Frisco Fun Club traditional runs out of the Frisco Nordic Center located at 616 Recreation Way in Frisco, however, the location is subject to change this summer due to COVID19 group gathering regulations. Cost is $45 per child for Frisco residents and $50 per child for non-residents, and each additional child in a family will receive a 20% off if attending camp on the same day.
- Frisco Skate Camp instructors will guide the camp through new Frisco Skate Park features. Camp will be divided into two groups based on ability level to ensure the best instruction for all participants. Skate camp is open to youth ages 6-13. Instructors will focus on body positioning, balance, technique and work on helping participants progress throughout the week. Participants should feel comfortable on a skateboard and will be in the skate park for six to seven hours each day. All participants must bring the following to the program: functional skateboard, helmet, backpack with bladder hydration system, sunscreen, tennis shoes and a sack lunch with snacks. All participants must bring and wear gloves, helmet, elbow and knee pads, while they are on their skateboards. This camp will be offered June 21-25, July 12-16, and July 26-30, 2021. Cost is $225 per week for Frisco residents and $250 per week for non-residents. Camp meets Monday-Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm at the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge.
- Frisco Bike Camp instructors will guide participants through the Frisco Bike Park features and the Frisco Peninsula trails. Bike camp is open to youth ages 6-13. Camp will be divided into two groups based on ability level. Instructors will focus on body positioning, balance, gear shifting and maneuvering over obstacles. Participants should feel comfortable riding a bike and be familiar with braking, cornering and pumping their bike. Participants will bike 5-8 miles each day of camp. All participants must bring the following equipment to the program: functional bike (bikes must have front and rear brakes and gears), helmet and backpack with bladder hydration system. This camp will be offered June 21-25, July 19-23, and July 26-30, 2021. Cost is $225 per week for Frisco residents and $250 per week for non-residents. Camp meets Monday-Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge.
- Adventure Camp will offer a variety of activities that are located in and around the Frisco Peninsula. This camp is open to youth ages 6-13. Instructors will guide the participants through a variety of activities that include, but are not limited to mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, skateboarding, disc golf and more. All participants must bring the following equipment to the program: functional bike (Bikes must have front and rear brakes and gears), skateboard, helmet, backpack with bladder hydration system and elbow, wrist and knee pads. This camp will be offered June 7-11, June 14-18, June 28 –July 2, and August 2-6, 2021. Cost is $225 per week for Frisco residents and $250 per week for non-residents. Camp meets Monday-Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm daily at the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge.
- H2O Camp is a water sports camp for adventurous kids who want to explore Dillon Reservoir, while learning to kayak, stand up paddleboard, canoe and fish. Camp will culminate with a whitewater rafting trip hosted by Kodi Rafting. The Frisco Bay Marina will provide all of the necessary gear and expertise while on Dillon Reservoir. Camp H2O is open to youth ages 9-14. This camp will be offered June 14-18, August 2-6, and August 9-13, 2021. Cost is $280 per week for Frisco residents and $300 per week for non-residents. Camp meets Monday-Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm daily at the Frisco Bay Marina.
- Girls on the Run is a program that uses the power of running to help prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. Through interactive activities, such as running, playing games and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being girls. The program focuses on building self-esteem and improving emotional and physical health. This camp is open to girls entering grades 3-6. This camp is offered July 12-16, 2021 from 9:00am-3:30pm at the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge. Cost is $250 for the week.
- Play-Well TEKnologies Lego Camps will help kids power up their engineering skills with Play-Well TEKnologies and tens of thousands of LEGOS®. Campers will apply real-world concepts in the fields of physics, engineering and architecture to engineer-designed projects such as arch bridges, skyscrapers, motorized cars and the Battletrack. Participants will design and build as never before, exploring their craziest ideas in a supportive environment. An experienced instructor will challenge new and returning students to engineer at the next level; open to ages 7-12. This camp will be offered three times: June 21-25, 2021 Animal Master Architects with LEGO®; July 19-23, 2021 STEM + Jedi with LEGO®; and August 2-6, 2021 STEM + Minecraft with LEGO®. Cost is $300 per week. Camp meets Monday-Friday from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm at the 1st and Main Building (104 E Main Street, Frisco next to the Historic Park).
Parents of campers with any special need must email FriscoCamps@townoffrisco.com at least ten days in advance of their child’s attendance of a Town of Frisco Recreation Program. The Recreation Programs Manager and Recreation Programs Coordinator will ask to set up a time to meet and discuss what reasonable accommodations can be made for the camper.
The Town of Frisco will be asking parents to set up an account on the ePACT Network to collect mandatory information, such as health details and emergency contacts for their children, to eliminate the need to collect forms in per prior to a child’s first day of camp.
To help with the registration process, the Town of Frisco will be hosting two virtual parent informational meetings; Tuesday, March 30 at 5:00pm and Thursday, April 2 at 10:30am. Please email Grant McKay at GrantM@townoffrisco.com to RSVP and to receive the Zoom link. Please email FriscoCamps@townoffrisco.com with any questions.