Fireworks and Community Bonfire Kick Off Gold Rush Weekend
Do you still have your tree that needs to be recycled? Don’t forget to drop it off by Friday, January 25th at Marina Road and Highway 9 for the Spontaneous Combustion Bonfire. Frisco will hold the eighth annual lighting of the community bonfire, Saturday, January 26th from dusk to 9 p.m. The bonfire provides the perfect backdrop for citizens and visitors to celebrate our community and gather for the start of the Gold Rush activities. A spectacular fireworks display lights up the sky around 7:15 p.m. for all of Frisco to see. The Summit Nordic Ski Club will sell refreshments at the event including adult beverages and warm chili with all proceeds to benefit the team’s annual activities. This event is pet friendly, please no outside alcohol.
On Sunday, January 27th the Frisco Nordic Center & Town of Frisco will host the 43rd Annual Frisco Gold Rush; this event benefits the Summit Nordic Ski Club. The races are open to skiers/snowshoes of all ages and abilities. Racers will receive a commemorative Frisco Gold Rush mug and hot soup in the Frisco Nordic Lodge. Bee Nut Free will also be on hand with tasty bars to keep the runners energized. Enter to compete in the races for your chance to win prizes from our sponsors: Salomon, Tubbs Snowshoes, Fisher, and Swix!
A complete list of the Gold Rush Weekend of Events:
Friday, January 25th
- 4:00 p.m. – Free Museum Movie Night: The Gold Rush
At the Log Chapel in the Frisco Historic Park
Join us for an entertaining presentation of the original 1925 classic Charlie Chaplin movie The Gold Rush. The building will open at 3:30 with seating available on a first come basis. The building is heated and we will serve hot cider and popcorn.
Saturday, January 26th
- 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Parking at the Marina Closed to the Public. Emergency vehicles and handicap parking available at trailhead parking lot. Public Parking for the event is available on Main Street.
- 6:00 p.m. – Spontaneous Combustion On the corner of Marina Road and Highway 9 The bonfire will be lit; food and beverage sales will be available. Proceeds will benefit the Summit Nordic Ski Club.
- 7:15 p.m. – Fireworks Display Fireworks display will be at the east end of Marina Road; fireworks will be visible from downtown Frisco.
Sunday, January 27th
Frisco Nordic Center,
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration/bib pick-up begins in Frisco Day Lodge
- 8:30 a.m. – 5k Tubbs Snowshoes race
- 10:00 a.m. – 10k Classic Ski race
- 11:15 a.m. – 15k Skate Ski race
- 12:00 p.m. – Fosters Treasure Hunt
- 12:15 p.m. – 5k Freestyle/Fun Ski race
For more information or to register for the Gold Rush races, call the Frisco Adventure Park at (970) 668-9133 or visit www.friscorecreation.com. Pre-registration is open until 12 p.m.(Noon) on Saturday, January 26th and prices vary from $18-$23/race. Day-of registration fees will increase by $5/race.
Gold Rush Weekend is sponsored by the Town of Frisco, Frisco Nordic Center, Salomon, Tubbs Snowshoes, Fisher, Swix, Bee Nut Free, LLC, Western Enterprises, the Lake Dillon Fire