The Town of Frisco presents the 2nd Annual Frisco BrewSki, a happy hour ski tour at the Frisco Adventure Park and Frisco Nordic Center on Saturday, March 11, 2017. This family friendly event is for all ski abilities and ages, and costumes are encouraged (maybe even a little bit required).
The skiing portion of the event will take place on the groomed and scenic terrain at the Frisco Nordic Center. The after-party outside of the Frisco Adventure Park will wrap up the skiing portion of the event with prizes and refreshments. The “Brew” part of “BrewSki” will be provided by Outer Range Brewing Co., Dillon Dam Brewery, Breckenridge Brewery and Big B’s hard cider.
This is not a race, but instead it is a chance to form a team with friends and family, don costumes and enjoy a fun ski tour through the woods with an occasional stop for beverages and snacks. There will be no professional timing and prizes will be for best costume, toughest costume to ski in and more. Look out for a few more surprises during the ski and party.
Saturday, March 11, 2017
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm skiing starting at the Frisco Nordic Center
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm after party at the Frisco Nordic Center
What type of skis should I use? We recommend using classic or skate skis for this event. The terrain at the Frisco Nordic Center varies from flat trails to decent-sized hills. You may also use AT Equipment. You choose your own adventure on this one so you won’t be asked to ski anything you do not feel comfortable with! If you need to rent skis for this event, please contact the Frisco Nordic Center at 970-668-2570. Rental skis for this event will be available for pick up starting at 1:00 p.m. at the Frisco Nordic Center on a first come, first served basis.
What should I wear? Dress in weather-appropriate, comfortable clothes/costumes that you can move around in. Tutus are totally acceptable.
How far will I be skiing? You can ski as much or as little as you’d like to at this event. There is not designated ‘course,’ however, we will have a map and a suggested route for you to ski where you will come across our beer sample and snack stations. Heads up- you may be passed by skiers in Lycra who are out for their daily 50k of skiing- don’t let them pressure you into going faster or further. Fun is the only destination.
Is this a race? No, this is not a race, rather it is a fun ski tour. There will be not be any professional timing, prizes for first place or any sense of competitiveness (other than best costume or who is laughing the loudest). We are simply inviting you to bring your friends on a social, happy hour ski!
Does this benefit anyone? Yes! A portion of the proceeds will go to Friends of the Dillon Ranger District, who will be out there helping us judge the costume contest!
What if I don’t drink beer or my kids participate in the event? Aside from having locally crafted beer at the beverage stops, we will also have a non-alcoholic, child friendly option available. Did we mention kids get a root beer float after the race?!
Can my dog ski with me? Sorry, you need to leave your pup at home! Dogs are not allowed on the Frisco Nordic Trails.
Participants who dress up will be eligible to win costume prizes including best costume, toughest costume to ski in, and more! There may even be a dance-off, you’ll have to come to find out what surprises we have in store!
- Through February 28th, registration is $25 per adult and $15 for youth 20 years old and younger.
- Starting February 29th, registration is $30 per adult and $20 for youth 20 years old and younger.
- Day-of registration is $35 per adult and $25 for youth 20 years old and younger and will be available at the Frisco Nordic Center starting at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 11, 2017.
- Participants must register as a team of 2-4 people. You will be asked to list your ‘team name’ during registration so please have a team name ready. Don’t have a team? We’d still love to have you participate; go ahead and register and maybe you’ll find a team to ski with!
- Online registration is now available or you may register by calling 970-668-2558.
The first 250 people to register will receive a commemorative Frisco Beanie!